The biggest challenge about painting is finding the time to actually paint! In order to improve your painting skills you need to practice. Here are 5 ways to make time to paint and commit to practicing and allowing yourself time to enter into your own creative space.
1. Schedule a short block of time to paint at least once a week and let your family know about this time.
2. Set out all your paints and supplies in advance so you are ready to go as soon as your time block starts.
3. Set a timer and commit to painting anything for that amount of time (make it short and achievable like 30 mins).
4. Layout your drawings or stick drawings in advance so when your painting time comes along you can get right down to painting
5. Give yourself permission to create anything during that time, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece or an exact replica of your reference material, as long as you commit to being creative during that time.
For more tips on saving time while you are painting check out my online class Watercolor Botanicals for Beginners
Here are some recent paintings I have done. ( I always make sure I start a new painting on a weekend when I have more time and energy, then if I have time to paint after work during the week it is easier for me to get down to it).