Camellia - 50 Watercolor Flowers Project

This Camellia flower is the 11th painting in my 50 Watercolor Flowers series.   This painting took a a bit longer to complete due to the complexity of the flowers and all the layers of petals. 

For the most part I mixed this color of pink with quinacridone rose by Daniel Smith and lemon yellow by winsor & newton.  This is how you get that lighter softer pink color. I used a dilute watery wash of cobalt violet to wash over the bottom half of flower to create some shadows.

Below is a video I posted on my YouTube channel that shows you some of the painting process for this Camellia flower.

Here are some of the reference photos that I used for the painting.

 


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published